Merchant for Android
Most mobile businesses have had to rely on slow, unverified forms of payment until now. Merchant for Android allows you to get instant credit card authorization without a credit card terminal or cash register. You are open for business anywhere, anytime you have your Android phone. No more worrying about whether someone just wrote you a bad check, or if their credit card is good. Transactions settle the same day, so you get paid fast.
Some of our clients are roofers, painters, diaper services, massage therapists, and vendors at trade shows, art fairs, and charity events. Some sources indicate accepting credit cards can increase sales by 400%, especially impulse buys.
A merchant account and payment gateway is required to use Merchant for Android. If you are interested in accepting credit cards, but do not have a existing merchant account or supported payment gateway, fill our our Merchant Inquiry form or select one of the supported payment gateways below. It usually takes about a day to get setup. More details about gateways and merchant accounts are available in our FAQ.
|Gateway Type||Merchant Provider||Recommended||Supported||Notes|
and many others
|Yes||Yes||The most popular gateway for e-commerce today.|
|NaviGate||Merchant Plus||Yes||Yes||Great rates and low fees. Merchant for Android requires an Internet Merchant Account, not a Wireless Merchant Account.|
|Website Payments Pro
||PayPal||Yes||Website Payments Standard and "Regular" PayPal are not supported.|
|Payflow Pro||PayPal||Yes||Formerly operated by Verisign. A good choice for high volume merchants.|
|Quantum||CDG Commerce and others||Yes|
|NMI||Various||Yes||Network Merchants Inc (NMI) is the provider for many "private label" gateways. They generally don't advertise themselves as NMI compatible, so if you're gateway isn't listed above, you may want to ask your account representative.|
If you don't see your gateway in this list, let us know and we'll consider adding it for a future release.
- Enter customer card information and get immediate authorization.
- PCI Compliant, credit card information is never stored on the device.
- Supports multiple gateways so that you can use your existing merchant account, or shop around for the best deal.
- Configure which fields are displayed and default values for fields.
- Fanatical support. Bugs happen to everyone, but we usually fix ours within a few hours when submitted through Merchant's integrated bug reporting system. We understand that our application is a critical part of your business.
SupportPlease review our FAQ for answers to the most common questions. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
is the best way to contact us for support, and we generally answer within a few hours. If you have discovered a bug in the application, please use the Bug Report feature inside the application (on the Menu of the main screen). This will send us details about the problem and give us the information needed to find and fix the bug quickly.
Please understand that to keep the cost of the application down, it is not possible for us to provide phone support.
We are excited about adding new features to Merchant. Here's what we're considering for future versions:
- Integration with Contacts, for easier entry of customer information.
- Recurring billing and remotely storing card information in a secure manor for repeat customers.
- More flexible receipt generation.
- And much more.
Let us know if there are other features you would like to see.